What can I add to plain white rice?
15 Thirty-Second Ways to Jazz Up Plain Rice
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of butter.
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Add lots of pepper.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons minced fresh herbs, ideally warmed first in melted butter.
How do I add flavor to instant rice?
Now, here are just a few ways you can infuse your rice:
- Substitute different liquids for the water. …
- Zest up your liquid: add lemon or lime juice to the water/liquid or sprinkle in fresh herbs like chopped cilantro or basil.
- Add dried or fresh herbs to the liquid when cooking.
How do you make rice less boring?
Cook the rice with chicken or vegetable broth.
I sometimes find that using 100% chicken broth can make the rice feel gummy or overly-starchy — personally, I usually go for a 50/50 mix of broth and water. This adds a layer of flavor and richness without going overboard.
How can I make boiled rice more interesting?
One of my favorite ways to add flavor to rice is by either using a cooking liquid other than water (bouillon or broth is an easy alternative), or by stirring in some fresh herbs, dried fruit, peas, nuts, or other flavor and color boosters.
Is soy sauce good on rice?
Adding soy sauce to fried rice is, well, rude
Besides the added sodium, according to Delish, adding soy sauce to fried rice in a Chinese restaurant is actually considered offensive to the chef. … And in the case of fried rice, the soy sauce might already be cooked into it (via MasterClass).
How do you flavor already cooked white rice?
Combine your pre-cooked rice with some fresh parsley or other herbs, and boil in some water with lemon juice and olive oil. For extra tangy dolmas, drizzle them with a bit of fresh lemon juice, just before serving.