How long does it take to cook a turkey at 375?
- Preparing the bird – Heat oven to 375 degrees. …
- Cooking the bird – Estimate 12-15 minutes per pound for stuffed turkeys. …
- Testing for doneness – You can either test by checking the temperature or checking the color of the juices. …
- Finishing off – Remove bird from the oven.
How long should a 24 lb turkey cook for?
If your turkey weighs 24 pounds, roast it at:
425°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours. 400°F for 4½ to 4¾ hours. 350°F for 4¾ to 5 hours. 325°F for 5 to 5¼ hours.
Can I cook a turkey at 375 degrees?
The Test Kitchen agrees that 375℉ is the best temperature to cook a turkey, because it’s not too hot, not too cold, and cooks quickly enough to ensure that a juicy, flavorful bird is ready by dinnertime. … When it’s done, a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey’s thigh should register 165°F.
How long does it take to cook an unstuffed 24 lb turkey?
3. Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Roast the turkey until temperature in the innermost part of the thigh reaches 165°F as measured with a food thermometer.
Traditional Roast Turkey (unstuffed)
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|18 to 20 pounds||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
|20 to 24 pounds||4 3/4 to 5 1/4 hours|
How long do you cook a 23 lb turkey at 350?
How long to cook the turkey: temperatures and times
- For a 10–13-lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 350° oven for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hr.
- For a 14–23-lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 2–3 hr.
- For a 24–27-lb. …
- For a 28–30-lb turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hr.
How many hours do you cook a 21 lb turkey?
Expect it to take 4.5 to 5 hours to cook a 21.5-pound turkey at 325 degrees Fahrenheit — if your turkey is unstuffed. If it’s full of your favorite stuffing, add at least 15 minutes to the total cooking time. Determine when the turkey is done by internal temperature only.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long should you cook a 25 lb turkey?
Turkey Cooking Times and Temperatures
A 25-pound turkey would take approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes to cook until done — when a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast and thigh registers 165 F, according to the University of Minnesota Extension.
How long do you cook a 23 lb turkey?
All cook times are based on placing a whole unstuffed turkey on a rack in a roasting pan and into a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven.
How Long to Cook a Turkey.
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|20 to 22 lb||14 to 16||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
|23 to 24 lb||16 to 20||5 to 5 1/4 hours|
How long should I cook a 20 pound turkey?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How often do you baste the turkey?
Most recipes will tell you to baste your turkey every thirty minutes. But our rule of thumb is actually every forty minutes, and here’s why. You don’t want to open the oven too many times, or else the whole bird will take much long to cook, and that’s a huge inconvenience.
Should I let my turkey sit out before cooking?
Your turkey will cook more evenly and faster if you start it out at room temperature so remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting. If you plan to stuff your turkey, wait until you’re ready to put it in the oven before putting the stuffing in the turkey.