What should I cook for someone after surgery?
The following are examples of soft food items:
- Hearty Soups (cream of asparagus, lentil, minestrone, split pea, chili)
- Juice (cranberry, apple, grape) avoid citrus juice for a few days.
- Herbal Tea.
- Yogurt (soft or frozen)
- Cottage Cheese.
- Soft Fruit (banana, papaya, berries, canned peaches, or pears)
What to eat after coming home from the hospital?
Some fresh fruits and vegetables, such as blueberries, apples, broccoli and sweet potatoes, contain numerous vitamins, antioxidants, calcium, iron and other nutrients that are essential for healthy living, bone building and cell recovery.
What should I cook for someone not feeling well?
The 15 Best Foods to Eat When You’re Sick
- Chicken soup. Chicken soup has been a go-to for sickness for generations — and for good reason. …
- Broths. Like chicken soup, broths are excellent sources of fluid and electrolytes that can be helpful when you’re sick. …
- Garlic. …
- Coconut water. …
- Hot tea. …
- Honey. …
- Ginger. …
- Spicy foods.
What are soft foods to eat?
Canned fruit. Steamed or soft-cooked vegetables. Soft, skinless fruits, like bananas, stone fruits, and melons. Baked fruits.
- Soft, tender meat, poultry, and fish.
- Poached, scrambled, or boiled eggs.
- Smooth peanut butter.
- Baked beans.
How long after surgery can I eat solids?
After surgery you may not be able to eat or drink right away. When your body is ready, your doctor will likely tell you to follow a clear fluid diet for 1 to 3 days. This means you will not be able to eat solid foods. Sometimes your doctor will tell you to follow a full fluid diet before eating solid foods.
What foods have healing powers?
Superfoods with Healing Powers
- Vitamin D.
- Swiss chard.
What can I eat besides soup when sick?
What to eat—and not eat—when you’re sick
- Chicken soup. Soups that are broth-based, including—and especially—chicken soup, are traditional fare for those who are ill. …
- Citrus fruits. Vitamin C may reduce the length and/or severity of colds, according to some studies. …
- Popsicles. …
- Garlic. …
- Bananas. …
- Fatty foods. …
- Dairy. …
Is pasta good for fever?
Although not super exciting, very plain and bland foods can help ease symptoms. Try pasta, dry cereals, oatmeal, bread and crackers. But bland doesn’t mean you can’t add protein or veggies into the mix if you’re feeling up for it! Try eating rice and baked chicken breast or cheese and crackers.