This episode of the podcast with Richard Blais was a lot of fun! He’s a notable celebrity chef has worked in some of the world’s top kitchens before taking his career into his own hands after a successful stint on Bravo’s Top Chef, where he finished as the runner-up. Having created a certain level of fame and notoriety there, Blais went on to create a number of successful concepts in Atlanta, before moving to San Diego, where he now owns and operates Juniper & Ivy, as well as Crack Shack a growing “chicken and egg” concept set to expand to five locations by the end of 2018.
Blais’ career now consists of him being an owner-operator of multiple restaurants, traveling for media appearances all over the country and hosting his own podcast, “Starving for Attention” with wife Jazmin, and it seems that in many respects, his career is still in the early stages of unfolding, with new projects on the horizons. In our discussion, Richard reveals much about his journey, his goals, priorities and for what he wants to be remembered when it’s all said and done.
In this conversation we discuss:
- What it was like working for some of the best chefs in the world and what those experiences taught Richard as a young cook.
- What the process was like becoming a “celebrity chef”.
- Some of the mistakes and challenges Richard faced early on in his career.
- How Richard’s been able to balance work/life.
- Advice for any chef or entrepreneur looking to start their own thing and what they need to think about before starting out
- How technology will continue to evolve and shape the industry, plus the potential opportunities out there for entrepreneurs.
- What is important to Richard in 2018 and as he moves forward in his career.
Be sure to check out Richard Blais all over social media @RichardBlais + check out his podcast, “Starving for Attention“!
You can download this episode of the podcast with Richard Blais below, or listen on iTunes or Stitcher.
Many Thanks to Our Sponsor, Le Cordon Bleu
Become part of a great tradition of culinary excellence! With over 120 years of teaching experience, Le Cordon Bleu is well-established as the global leader in culinary, wine and hospitality education. Learn from a team of classically trained teaching chefs with years of experience working in Michelin-star restaurants and the industry’s finest kitchens. Earn the most respected culinary qualifications and live a truly unique cultural experience in one of their 35 institutes around the world! Your culinary journey starts today. Apply now at www.cordonbleu.edu.