This week Chris had the opportunity to chat with Jon Gordon, one of the most acclaimed and respected thought leaders and authors in the leadership and personal growth industry. He’s written 11 books including the international bestseller, The Energy Bus, as well as The No Complaining Rule, The Seed and more.
Jon’s career stemmed from his own personal struggle to be the best husband/father he could be, but knew he was falling short. Since his career took off with the unlikely success of The Energy Bus (that barely made into a publisher’s hands), Gordon’s career has taken him all over the world as a keynote speaker and consultant, having worked closely with the Atlanta Falcons (co-wrote a book with former coach Mike Smith “You Win in the Locker Room First”), the NFL, NBA and the recent NCAA Football National Champions, the Clemson University Tigers.
In this conversation we discuss:
- The origin of Gordon’s most popular book, The Energy Bus, and how that stemmed from personal failure.
- The 10 rules of the energy bus and how they apply to each of our lives, whether it be as it relates to work or personal life.
- The importance of taking personal responsibility for the things that happen in your life (even if they aren’t your fault).
- What it means to be a leader and how important it is to set the tone in your organization when you are the leader.
- The power of sacrifice and what that means to your team and organization