We’re both big fans of Eric Cacciatore’s leading podcast in the industry, Restaurant Unstoppable, so it was a real pleasure having Eric as our guest this week. We’ve actually both been on the podcast before (links below).
Eric has an interesting story. He’s a former commercial airline pilot who made an unlikely career change. In this conversation, Eric shares what this transition was like, the origin of his successful podcast, what he learned in the early days when he was first starting out, and what some of the things are that he has learned over the course of nearly 400 interviews, featuring the best professionals in the hospitality industry.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What it was like going from a “real job” to taking a leap into starting a podcast in the restaurant industry.
- How to persevere through the early days of any project, career or business when you’re not seeing immediate results
- The biggest lesson Eric has learned from the most successful hospitality professionals
- The top books for restaurant success
- The importance of staying focused on your vision
- And much, much more…
Connect with Eric & Restaurant Unstoppable:
Check out Chris & Shawn’s Episodes with Restaurant Unstoppable:
Shawn Wenner – 6 Steps to Reverse Engineering Success:
Chris Hill (3 Episodes):
Many Thanks to Our Sponsor, Le Cordon Bleu
Become part of a great tradition of culinary excellence! With over 120 years of teaching experience, Le Cordon Bleu is well-established as the global leader in culinary, wine and hospitality education. Learn from a team of classically trained teaching chefs with years of experience working in Michelin-star restaurants and the industry’s finest kitchens. Earn the most respected culinary qualifications and live a truly unique cultural experience in one of their 35 institutes around the world! Your culinary journey starts today. Apply now at www.cordonbleu.edu.