Here’s the latest episode of the Making the Cut Podcast!
We recently had the chance to chat with Cheryl Clements, the founder of PieShell a crowdfunding platform exclusively for Food & Beverage products. Cheryl has a background in tech, but her passion for the industry has been deeply rooted since childhood. Growing up, Cheryl spent summers helping her mother run a pie-making business. Aptly named “The Pie Shell”, it was headquartered where all good startups begin: the family’s basement. It was from her mother that Cheryl learned what it takes to build a successful food operation, but more than that, she learned how communities grow around the food that people share.
Listen on iTunes!
Listen on Stitcher!
Cheryl has taken the idea of PieShell and brought it to market and in this conversation we discuss:
- How Cheryl was able to “take the leap” and how you can too
- The different types of crowdfunding platforms (rewards vs. equity)
- How PieShell operates differently from other crowdfunding platforms in a way that makes
- The unique challenges food and beverages face in the startup world and how PieShell helps address them
- How to create a successful crowdfunding campaign
- What you should do if you think someone could steal your idea
- How to connect with your potential customers using the tools of the modern world
- AND MUCH MORE….
*** PieShell is currently part of a different equity based crowdfunding platform called SeedInvest, so you can actually get a piece of the “Pie” until November 17th, 2017. Check it out HERE. ***
To connect with PieShell, learn about their projects and see if your project might be a good fit, head over over to:
Many Thanks to Our Sponsor, Le Cordon Bleu
Become part of a great tradition of culinary excellence! With over 120 years of teaching experience, Le Cordon Bleu is well-established as the global leader in culinary, wine and hospitality education. Learn from a team of classically trained teaching chefs with years of experience working in Michelin-star restaurants and the industry’s finest kitchens. Earn the most respected culinary qualifications and live a truly unique cultural experience in one of their 35 institutes around the world! Your culinary journey starts today. Apply now at www.cordonbleu.edu.
Sign-Up For Weekly Advice About the Culinary & Hospitality Industries
I look forward to sending you content, inspiration, tools and am excited to make some positive change in the industry with you.